Trekking routes of Molise transhumanceSKU: 7135
Description of Trekking routes of Molise transhumanceOur summer trekking excursion guides you along an ancient path, the tratturo di Pescolanciano, a communication route that is usually used by shepherds who brought their flocks from the Apulian territories to the cool summer of the high altitude Abruzzo pastures.
We will travel through the sheep farm for 70% of our itinerary, while, for the remainder, we will move on low-flow roads that cross the extension of the M.a.B. of Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo.
As always, we recommend that you undertake the tour with a minimum of physical preparation, even in the case of easy routes like this one.
We also have an excursion, always on this same route, but by mountain bike.
Given the length of the route, we have provided (with prior notice) the possibility of making the outward journey only and transporting you back to the starting point by our own means.
- Start of the route: parking area near the beginning of the sheep track (Pescolanciano), 802 m a.s.l.
- End of the route: Piazza Umberto I (Roccasicura), 728 m a.s.l.
- Route length: 17.7 km
- Difference in altitude: 661 m (sum of the various partial uphill gradients)
- Duration: about 4 hours trekking.
- Difficulty: hiking.
- guide service;
- printed and digital material;
- insurance coverage (RCT for accompanied customers).
- travel to and from the starting point or the end of the activity;
- basic equipment;
- packed lunch or in an accommodation facility;
- anything not specified in the item “the fee includes”.