Trip to Holland by sailing ship and bike July 21stSKU: 17443
Description of Trip to Holland by sailing ship and bike July 21st
Our staff will directly manage the trip: we have combined our two "specialties" to offer you a fascinating and exciting week of relaxation and exploration.
Riding our bicycles, we will go pedaling through small streets surrounded by greenery and we will sail on the sailing ship Mare Fan Fryslan in the canals and along the northern beaches, to discover windmills, fishing villages, ancient towns such as Alkmaar and Den Burg, up to Amsterdam always by canal.
The weeks have different departures in the months of July and August, to better adapt to your commitments and make this unforgettable ecological and cultural holiday accessible to all, to discover nature and full of fun, both in life on board and in the splendid towns that we will touch, between traditional cafes and live folkloristic shows.
- Mon - ENKHUIZEN - boarding from 15.00 with welcome snack, Collection of bicycles between h. 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm, Possibility of a short free ride, aperitif, dinner and overnight stay.
- Mar - ENKHUIZEN - excursion day divided between 35 km by bike and 5 hours sailing with itinerary Stavoren, Hinderlopen, Makkum, Grande Dam - TEXEL. Departure h. 07.00 in sailing ship to Stavoren, full board service on board (“informal” lunch, self service pasta and beans). You cycle along the western part of Friesland, passing through ancient villages overlooking the Ijsselmeer. From Makkum, under full sail (with the help of the guests) to Texel crossing the Great Dam;
- Mer - TEXEL - mixed itinerary: 25 km by bike and about 90 minutes under sail - The day will be of absolute relaxation without the obligation of forced stops, after we will leave by bike, Anyone at will can extend , even in an individual way, pedaling, lunch is pervaded with a basket. The guide will take you to the old Den Burg as well as to the seal hospital (entrance fee) and to the beaches for a possible swim. Aperitif during the crossing from Texel to Den Helder; dinner and overnight on board,
- Gio - TEXEL - Den Helder - ALKMAAR - from 30 to 60 km by bike - After breakfast we will undertake the longest and, together with Texel, the most beautiful excursion by bike, up and down dunes, crossing woods, along the Atlantic Ocean, stopping for lunch (packed) on a large beach. Reunion in Alkmaar in the late afternoon, where, on Thursdays, the shops remain open until late in the evening. Dinner and overnight on board. A little more than halfway through, the "fatigued" can opt for the continuation by sailing ship.
- Fri - ALKMAAR - Zaanse Schaanse - AMSTERDAM - bike for 35 km, sailing boat 2 hours breakfast, dinner and overnight on board, lunch with basket. Every Friday Alkmaar hosts an ancient and today tourist event: the “festival of the weighing of cheese” which always attracts a crowd of tourists. The guide will accompany you on foot. The departure by bike will take place at h. 12. It is 35 km. not very interesting, therefore, if you want you can stay on board. Zaanse Schaanse, pleasant reconstruction of old Holland with its still working windmills, a farm and a commercial exhibition of how “cheese is made” by a robust “peasant”. Continue to Amsterdam by sailing ship. Amsterdam by night walking is the after dinner theme.Possibility of group tours, private boat (upon adhesion of the whole group, cost about € 10 / person);
- Sat - AMSTERDAM - Monnichendam, Marken, Volendam, Edam - HOORN - by bike for about 40 km and sailing for 2 hours - breakfast, dinner and overnight on board, lunch with basket. Along the Ijsselmeer and the polders, crossing and visiting typical towns, up to the more famous (and touristic) Volendam. Around 5.00 pm, sailing to Hoorn;
- Dom - HOORN - Medemblick - ENKHUIZEN - bike 30 km, train 1 hour - breakfast, dinner and overnight on board, lunch with basket. A vintage train (strictly steam operated and for a fee, about € 11) to reach Medemblick. After visiting the city and its RADBOUD castle, stop for lunch and then cycle to Enkhuizen. We deliver the bikes and get on board a bit sadly for the last night;
- Mon - ENKHUIZEN - breakfast and disembarkation h. 09.00.
Don't miss the opportunity!
- buffet breakfast,
- dinner served; (payable on board "galley" and "open" bar / cellar),
- lunch with basket;
- Italian and English speaking tour leader / guide;
- the / biscuits from h. 17:00 to h. 18:00,
- "Happy hour" h. 19.30;
- daily cleaning of cabins;
- daily towel change (shower, face), bathrobe.
- full board service + "open" bar / cellar for adults at € 100 (115 on 21/7)
- full board service for children from 4 to 11 years, euro 85,
- full board service for children up to 4 years € 65,
- 4-speed bike rental for 60 euros;
- electric bike rental euro 140;
- kidcar hire euro 70.
July 22 departure from ENKHUIZEN - breakfast, free day. Return on board at 3.00 pm together with the other guests.
- 41 beds (maximum 38 available for customers) divided into 12 double cabins with low beds that can be converted into double or single beds and with a third foldaway bed, 1 "suite" with 2/3 beds, 1 cabin with 2 bunk beds,
- all cabins have private facilities, hot and cold water, heating.
- 70 sqm dining room / living room. with dance floor, bar, small library, audiovisual equipment with projection screen.
- Large cockpit and aft deck with solarium with large Jacuzzi,
- 2 additional bathrooms in the bar room,
- Fully equipped industrial kitchen.
Questions and answers about the activity
Trip to Holland by sailing ship and bike July 21st
Via Arezzo, 8 Milano (City)