Mountainbike tour routes of transhumance in MoliseSKU: 7123
Description of Mountainbike tour routes of transhumance in MoliseOur daily tour consists of a suggestive route through the ancient streets followed by shepherds for transhumance.
The Tratturo di Pescolanciano, along which our excursion takes place for about 70% of its length, is in fact an ancient communication route used for the movement of flocks, in the summer months, from Puglia to the high altitudes of the Abruzzo pastures.
The remainder of our itinerary winds on a low-flow path that cuts through cultural landscapes that fall within the expansion area of the MaB Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo Reserve (Alto Molise) up to our arrival point in Roccasicura.
This is a non-binding tour, for which however a minimum of physical preparation will be required, so that you can face the return without excessive effort.
- Start of the route: parking area near the beginning of the sheep track (Pescolanciano), 802 m a.s.l.,
- End of the route: Piazza Umberto I (Roccasicura), 728 m a.s.l.,
- Route length: 17.7 km, one way (total 33 km),
- Altitude difference: 661 m, one way (sum of the various partial uphill gradients),
- Difficulty: hiking.
- guide service;
- printed and digital material;
- insurance coverage (RCT for accompanied customers).
- travel to and from the starting point or the end of the activity;
- basic equipment;
- mountain biking;
- packed lunch or in an accommodation facility;
- anything not specified in the item “the fee includes”.