MTB Tour Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo ReserveSKU: 7128
Description of MTB Tour Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo ReserveOur excursion proposal guides you on your mountain bikes in the splendid M.a.B. Collemeluccio-Montedimezzo.
We will take you to discover a unique territory of its kind which is one of the Reserves, recognized by UNESCO, "Man and Biosphere" established in ninety-five countries.
We will leave for our excursion from the small railway station of San Pietro Avellana in a path of varied nature that will initially take you on a very low-flow road, then to beat a cart track up to the first stage of the tour, the locality Fonte Sant'Antonio, post near “Bosco Pennataro”.
Our adventure will continue in the direction of Villa San Michele and Cerreto, after having forded the Vandra stream, to be able to enter the Celano-Foggia tratturo. Along the track of the tratturo we would have the possibility, at the request of the group, to make a small detour to allow us to admire the incredible and imposing beech Re Faione.
- Start of the route: San Pietro Avellana railway station, 924 m a.s.l.
- End of the route: San Pietro Avellana railway station, 924 m a.s.l.
- Route length: 17.2 km
- Difference in altitude: 490 m (sum of the various partial uphill gradients)
- Duration: about 2 hours and 15 m
- Difficulty: hiking
• guide service;
• printed and digital material;
• insurance coverage (RCT for accompanied customers).
The fee does not include:
• travel to and from the starting point or the end of the activity;
• basic equipment;
• mountain bike (tubeless is recommended, otherwise it is better to bring many inner tubes, given the frequency of drilling on the sheep track); • packed lunch or in an accommodation facility;
• anything not specified in the item “the fee includes”.