Basic sailing course + Sailing license extension, PalermoSKU: 2087
Description of Basic sailing course + Sailing license extension, PalermoHave you always wanted to learn to sailboat ?
With us you finally have the opportunity to make your dream come true: by participating in the basic sailing course , you will learn the basics of this splendid discipline in a few lessons, as well as how to steer the boat by carrying out the main navigation maneuvers.
The entire course will take place on board the sailing boat made available by the school and is divided into 8 lessons, two of theory and six of practice, lasting 3 hours each.
The course is mainly intended for novice beginners , but it is also useful for those who, already in possession of a boat license, want to add the extension for sailing within 12 miles from the coast.
The skipper instructor will touch on different topics during the lessons:
- Hulls , the existing types and their parts
- Equipment and rigging to learn about the main parts of the boat and the most important rigging, mastering the ropes, knots, blocks and tackles on board
- The sail , learning to recognize the different types of existing sails, its parts and shapes, as well as reefs and running rigging
- Terminology technical, windward and leeward, luffing and bearing away, tacking, gybing, etc.
- Handling of the sailboat to learn how to control the trim and adjust the sails, as well as the steering of the rudder
- Main maneuvers (tacking, gybing, luffing ...)
- Equipment required
- Basic sailing course (8 lessons)
- Handouts and other consumables
- Application submission costs
Each practical lesson lasts at least 3 hours, theoretical lessons of 1 hour.