Trekking Trip the Franciscan Path (April)SKU: 16085
Description of Trekking Trip the Franciscan Path (April)
A unique experience in which the spiritual and material dimensions coexist and are renewed together.
We will enter a magical territory, full of waterfalls, woods and plateaus, inhabited by wolves, eagles and deer.
A territory worked by the man who built hermitages and small villages here, living off agriculture and livestock, giving life to a millenary culture that blends history and legend.
Route details for days:
- Route: San Sepolcro -The Mountain,
- Length of the route: 11.3 km
- Total difference in height: 682 m.
- Duration of the route: 6h 40 '
- Departure from the village of S. Sepolcro. The first part of our journey will see us cross the classic rural landscape, characterized by rolling hills and cultivated fields, which give way to strips of oak stains.
- As you advance, the scenery will become wilder, surprising us with streams, waterfalls and lush woods.
- Once we reach the hermitage of silence, we will rediscover the pleasure of quenching our thirst from the natural sources of pure and fresh water.
- The itinerary continues among the plateaus, in front of the Alpe della Luna, historical places from which we will discover the splendid views and we will be able to perceive the history of a civilization that is now far away from us.
- Continuing, surrounded by this atmosphere, we will arrive at the Montagna, a typical out-of-time village, where a hot meal and a comfortable bed awaits us.
Route: Mountain -Pieve St. Stefano
Length of the route: 21.4 km
Duration of the route: 8h 30 '
Total difference in height: 593 m.
This itinerary continues immersed in the high hills of Valtiberina, the valley to the west and the Alpe mountains to the east. In this stretch it crosses still mysterious places, such as the Poggio del Tesoro and the Palazzone. You will meet real works of art of rural architecture, huge farmhouses from the early Middle Ages, which still stand today and which are now never an integral part of the local landscape and culture. The last part of the route descends into the valley inside the oak and hornbeam forest, passing through the hermitage of Cerbaiolo to reach Pieve Santo Stefano where we will spend the second night.
Route: Pieve Santo Stefano –Caprese Michelangelo
Length of the route: 14 km
Total difference in height: 634m.
Duration of the tour: 5h 30
This path will take us to the end of the Valtiberina to enter the Casentinesi Forests. After the first stretch where the difference in height is concentrated, the road will be an alternation of gentle ups and downs, between unlikely fords and cultivated fields, to get to the town of Caprese Michelangelo. Here, too, there is no shortage of legends that blend with history. After visiting the splendid village we will leave to reach the inn where we will eat and sleep.
Route: Caprese Michelangelo-Chiusi di La Verna -La Verna
Length of the route: 6.7 km
Total difference in height: 303 m.
Duration of the tour: 3h
The last part of our tours will take us into the magical way of the Casentino forests, where smells, colors and noises change compared to before. It is reachedfinally the hermitage of La Verna, the last architectural work we will meet. This sanctuary built on the rock was, and still is, a destination for pilgrims from all over the world. Only by looking at him in silence, you can perceive his story without anyone explaining it to you. A fairytale atmosphere will keep us company, until the bus arrives that will take us back to the Holy Sepulcher.
Last day, from Chiusi la Verna we will take public transport that will take us back to S. Sepolcro . So final greetings.
Costs: to bring with you 120 €
Coati for guide and organization: € 100 to be paid in advance.
Cost of insurance with F.I E and Officina Natura membership € 23
The detailed data sheet with what to bring and appointment times will be sent only to those who are directly interested.
- participation in the excursion,
- guidance and organization,
- Costs: to bring with you 120 €,
- Cost of insurance with F.I E membership and Officina Natura (23 €).
The trekking proposal is for 4 days and three nights.
For each day you will walk an average of 6 hours and 30.
The itinerary is considered of difficulty E.
In some cases packed lunches will be prepared for us by the structures.
Questions and answers about the activity
Trekking Trip the Franciscan Path (April)
Strada Colognola Migiana, 4 Perugia (City)