Trekking to Alpe SattalSKU: 10480
Description of Trekking to Alpe SattalStarting from 1 December 2012 Italian Mountains would like to take you into a dream.
An unforgettable excursion to Alpe Sattal to relive the dream of man who in 1995, after crossing the length and breadth of the Italian Alps, in summer and in winter, for three years alone and only with a tent, stopped right here where he built his home with his own hands by renovating an old ruin.
We will relive the great passion of that same explorer, convinced to make a choice of life so suggestive by the continuous contact with a wonderful and harsh nature of this area, by the unchanging flow of the seasons, by the simple and genuine life of those who do not need anything. more than the beauty that surrounds him to feel satisfied.
A wooden sign, just before reaching the hut, invites visitors to take part in this dream and to remember that they are in the place where eagles learn to fly with the wind.
Alpe Sattal is one of the very few 'refuges' in the Alps open all year round which in winter, cloaked in a thick blanket of snow, acquires the appearance of a warm, reassuring and at the same time isolated and proud nest. 'eagle.
The hut is located on a natural terrace on the slopes of Monte Tagliaferro (2,964 m asl) and from it you can enjoy a spectacular 360 ° panorama with a magnificent view of the Rosa massif.
Discover our program and come on an excursion with us!
- Meeting at Arona station to collect participants arriving from Milan by train (typical timetables contained in the "transport" section or in any case adaptable to public transport proposals) or recovery with direct pick up at the hotel and B&B for stays in Arona, Orta or neighboring countries. In both cases the meeting is scheduled for 7.30 with arrival in Alagna Valsesia estimated around 9.30,
- Market stop to buy food and drinks and start of the Trekking for ascent to the hut (2.30 / 3.30 depending on the amount of snow we encounter),
- Alagna Valsesia fraz. Ronco 1254 m asl - Alpe Sattal 2094 m asl,
- Stop for packed lunch or in a mountain hut,
- 3.00 pm start of Trekking for descent to Alagna Valsesia: (1:45 hours approximately),
- Alagna Valsesia 16:45 - transfer by car (85 Km),
- Arrival at Arona station at 6.45 pm (the first Arona-Milano Porta Garibaldi train leaves at 7.03 pm and arrives at 8.12 pm).
- stop for tasting and buying typical products of Valsesia along the way,
- visit to the Sacro Monte di Varallo (World Heritage Site - Unesco);
- visit to the traditional village of Rassa in the Tremendi valley.
Essential equipment by the participant:
• high and waterproof trekking shoe (goretex),
• clothing suitable to withstand the cold (fleece, k-way or other waterproof and windproof jacket).
All initiatives are reserved for members of Italian Mountains.
- Transfer by private car A / R from Arona or Orta San Giulio,
- Direct pick up at the hotel where you are staying or at the Arona train station in case of arrival from Milan,
- Italian and English speaking tour leader;
- Luggage storage in the car or in another safe place,
- Stops to purchase food and drinks;
- Stop anywhere on the route for photos or other needs;
- Stop to buy typical products;
- Liability and accident insurance coverage for all participants and companion
- Meals in a specific refuge or lunch box.
annual membership card for Italian Mountains. Cost 5 euros, necessary only for the first excursion.
- Transport by private car from Arona railway station in the case of departures from Milan (foreseen the use of the train from Milan to Arona,
- Transport by private car from Arona / neighboring countries or Orta San Giulio / neighboring countries directly to your accommodation
- And from Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 6:12 - Arrival in Arona at 7:19
- And from Milano Centrale at 8:05 - Arrival in Arona at 8:58,
- Rit con da Arona at 7:03 pm - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 8:12 pm,
- Rit from Arona at 7:37 pm - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 8:40 pm,
- Rit from Arona at 20:50 - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 21:58.