Trekking in Valle Otro (Valsesia) with transportSKU: 10154
Description of Trekking in Valle Otro (Valsesia) with transportItalian Mountains offers you a fantastic itinerary in one of the most evocative alpine scenery of the Alps.
We will guide you to the Valle d'Otro, in Valsesia, a "suspended valley" for a typical morphology produced by glacial erosion but above all for the panorama that unfolds almost suddenly in front of us.
A medium-duty trekking itinerary including personalized transport by car from the hotel or train station for arrivals from Milan, up to the place of the excursion.
The valley forms a wide plateau at an altitude of 1,660 m asl, framed by a jagged range of mountains including the Tagliaferro (2964 m asl) and the Corno Bianco, (3320 m asl), in which there are six small hamlets, which retain all today magnificent evidence of Walser architecture.
The traditional Walser huts with their traditional external wooden weave surround a 15th century church, with a richly frescoed façade, in the middle of a breathtaking panorama, enclosed among the peaks: the first and unforgettable image that will be presented to hikers once they exit the path.
The houses present form the villages of Follu, Dorf, Scarpia and other neighboring villages, while the Pianmisura alp leaves room for a new panorama, with the traditional architectural style of the Western Alps, with load-bearing stone walls and gneiss roofs. />
- Retrieval of participants arriving from Milan at Arona station (typical timetables contained in the "transport" section or in any case adaptable to public transport proposals) or recovery with direct pick up at the hotel and B&B for stays in Arona, Orta or neighboring countries . In both cases at 7.30.
- Market stop to buy food and drinks,
- Trekking to ascend to Alpe Follù (about 2:00 hours),
- Alagna Valsesia 1205 m asl - Alpe Follù 1664 m asl,
- Stop for packed lunch,
- Possible (if snow permits) further ascent up to Pranmisura 1782 m asl,
- Possible (if snow permits) further ascent to the viewpoint of the old cable car 1824 m asl,
- 2.30 pm Trekking for descent to Alagna Valsesia: (about 1.45 hours)
- Alagna Valsesia at 4.45 pm, transfer by car (85 km),
- Arrival at Arona station at 6.45 pm (the first Arona-Milano Porta Garibaldi train leaves at 7.03 pm and arrives at 20.12.
• stop for tasting and buying typical products of Valsesia along the way,
• visit to the Sacro Monte di Varallo (World Heritage Site - Unesco);
• visit to the traditional village of Rassa in the Tremendi valley.
For those who wish, we can extend the excursion, up to a time that allows you to return to Milan Pt Garibaldi with the 20.50 train.
Essential equipment by the participant:
• high and waterproof trekking shoe (goretex),
• clothing suitable to withstand the cold (fleece, k-way or other waterproof and windproof jacket).
- Transfer by private car A / R from Arona or Orta San Giulio,
- Direct pick up at the hotel where you are staying or at the Arona train station in case of arrival from Milan,
- English speaking tour leader;
- Luggage storage in the car or in another safe place,
- Stops to purchase food and drinks;
- Stop anywhere on the route for photos or other needs;
- Stop to buy typical products;
- Liability and accident insurance coverage for all participants and companion
- Meals in a specific refuge or lunch box
(foreseen the use of the train from Milan to Arona with possible return times:
- train from Milan Porta Garibaldi at 6:12 - Arrival in Arona at 7:19
- Train from Milano Centrale at 8:05 - Arrival in Arona at 8:58.
- train from Arona at 7:03 pm - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 8:12 pm
- Train from Arona at 7:37 pm - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 8:40 pm
- Train from Arona at 20:50 - Arrival in Mlano Porta Garibaldi at 21:58
Transport with private car from Arona / neighboring countries or Orta San Giulio / neighboring countries directly to your accommodation